At GoCardless we believe bank payments are the best way to pay and get paid. We also believe that bank account data is a powerful tool to make better, faster decisions. We're making it easy to use both- for businesses everywhere.
GoCardless is used for domestic and international payments by 75,000+ organisations and counting, processing more than $30 billion across 30 countries. We're an award-winning London-based fintech, with additional offices in Riga, Paris and Melbourne.
At GoCardless, we have successfully build a team of 8 skilled Ruby developers and are now seeking a talented mid-level engineer to join our Ruby development team.
The technical challenges of building GoCardless span from simplifying building banking schemes to optimising the time to render the dashboard. We are looking for engineers to join our growing Connectivity Group, where youll be working on problems that sit at the core of GoCardless: orchestrating and keeping track of the movement of funds, as well as building and maintaining the bank and scheme integrations that make it possible to keep our merchants cash flowing.
What excites you:
- Youre looking to champion a great engineering culture within GC and in the wider engineering community
- You enjoy collaborating and learning from people from various backgrounds and experiences
- You want to feel proud of the work youre doing and its impact on real customers
- Our engineers contribute to the engineering culture within and outside of GoCardless: they contribute to Open Source Software projects, and share learnings in post-mortems, conferences and on our blog.
We endeavour to build simple, reliable systems and we believe in using the best technologies for each task. Joining the Connectivity Group youll be working in a team that primarily uses: Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, BigQuery, and Google Cloud Storage.
Across GoCardless, our other technologies include: Golang, Python, React, Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, Prometheus, Google Cloud (GCP).
Youre not expected to have expertise in all these technologies. Members of our team have picked up the tools once theyve started working with the team. If youre unsure, please apply.
What excites us:
- Professional experience of building applications in Ruby
- You have experience building web products and services, and have an awareness of technologies across the stack
- You adapt to new technologies and processes quickly
- You thrive in a collaborative environment and believe the best products are built through collaboration
- You care about building reliable, well-tested systems
- You enjoy solving problems and are happy to take initiative to find better solutions
- You enjoy mentoring and supporting the development of team members and colleagues
(some of) The good stuff
Wellbeing - stay healthy with dedicated support and medical cover
Work away scheme - you can apply to work away from your country of residence for up to 90 days in any 12 month period
Adaptive Working - allows you to work flexibly, around your lifestyle
Equity - all permanently employed GCs get equity to help you make a valuable contribution
Parental leave - to suit everyone embarking on life's great adventure
Time off - generous holiday allowance, + 3 annual volunteer days, + 4 annual business-wide wellness days (GC Fridays)
Life at GoCardless
We're an organisation defined by our values; We start with why before we begin any project, to ensure its aligned with our mission. We act with integrity, always. We care deeply about what we do and we know it's essential that we be humble whilst we do it. Working this way creates the GC magic- the reason we all love showing up to work.
- Rīga, Rīgas rajons, Latvija
- Attālināta darba iespējas
Gustava Zemgala gat. 74, Vidzemes priekšpilsēta, LV-1039
- Pilna slodze
GoCardless is an award winning fintech company, building the worlds bank payment network.
Were making open banking more accessible and bringing simple and secure direct bank payment solutions for people and businesses everywhere! GoCardless is used by 75,000+ organisations and counting, processing more than $30 billion of payments across 30 countries.
Following the acquisition of Latvia based start-up Nordigen, we are building a second headquarters in Riga, with plans to double our headcount in this region in 2023.
Uzņēmuma mājaslapa: https://boards.greenhouse.io/gocardless
Reģistrācijas numurs: 07495895