What makes Cognizant a unique place to work? The combination of rapid growth and an international and innovative environment! This is creating a lot of opportunities for people like YOU — people with an entrepreneurial spirit who want to make a difference in this world.
At Cognizant, together with your colleagues from all around the world, you will collaborate on creating solutions for prestigious companies and help them become more flexible, innovative and successful. And this is your chance to join the success story as a Senior Cloud Data Engineer to join our Team in Riga.
About Cognizant AI & Analytics Team
Cognizant is engineering for modern business. Find out how software is reshaping nearly every aspect of our personal and professional lives to change how people interact with the world now and in the future.
We support Cognizant engagements across all client industry verticals. Our outstanding team engages with customer partners, to translate strategy and vision into digital journeys, across modern technology estates, specialising in data engagements.
More information? Please visit https://www.cognizant.com/us/en/ai
About the role
We are looking for enthusiastic Senior Data Engineers with eagerness to learn and deliver large complex Digital Transformation programmes across Europe. As a Data Engineer, you will have to work on Data Integration into Cloud Data Warehouses or Data Lakes, programming, APIs, data migrations in an Agile environment.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Identify and analyse user requirements.
- Prioritize, assign and execute tasks throughout the software development process.
- Develop applications and keep project documentation updated.
- Write well-designed, efficient code.
- Review, test and debug team members’ code
- Participate in architectural workshops.
Our ideal candidate:
- Experience working with any Cloud technologies(AWS, Azure or Google Cloud)
- Unix/Linux operating systems and associated shell scripting languages experience
- Experience with large data volumes, SQL performance tuning and data migration
- Experience with ETL tools and techniques
- Advanced working experience with SQL
- Python programming skills
- More than 5 years of experience working as independent Data Engineer
- BigData platforms experience is considered as advantage (example Hadoop, Hive, Spark)
- Experience in BI&Reporting tools is a plus(example PowerBI, Tableau)
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent
What you can expect:
- Competitive compensation package consists of base salary from 2500 up to 3600 EUR gross/ monthly, annual bonus and monetary recognitions
- Benefits package that encourages healthy living, well-being and desire to learn and grow:
from the first working day available Life insurance and Health insurance plan which also includes dentistry, pharmacy coverage, various sports;
- Compensation of optical glasses or contact lenses up to 180 EUR;
- Accessing a smartphone and mobile subscription;
- Free car parking or bike shelter;
- Individual life coaching and mindfulness sessions;
- Flexible working hours, and ability to work from home;
- Various learning platforms with over 50,000 self-paced courses, books and other training resources;
- Self-realization opportunities through outreach, committees and communities.
Cognizant as a digital company, makes employee health and safety its top priority. With that in mind, we are implementing virtual hiring and work practices which means interviews will be conducted online.
We will be looking forward to receiving Your CV.