From small business to some of the world's best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies.
Currently we are looking for a Senior Consultant to support our Audit team and help our clients meet their requirements by accurately reporting on financial statements and providing meaningful insights into accounting and reporting matters. Colleagues and clients from a diverse array of backgrounds will look to you first for answers, so you will be a high-profile contact when it comes to resolving complex issues.
Your key responsibilities:
• Lead fieldwork, manage performance and keep leaders updated on audit engagements;
• Complete audit processes and document higher-risk areas, such as financial instruments, income taxes, impairment for asset accounts, provisions and other;
• Verify financial data and financial statements;
• Make a judgment on significant estimates and assumptions used by the client in financial statements;
• Provide on-the-job training for developing auditing skills and familiarity with the firm's audit methodology;
• Engage clients and provide authoritative advice and professionalism throughout transactions;
• Identify areas requiring improvement in the clients’ business processes and possible recommendations;
• Prepare and deliver Management Letter to the client;
• Coach other less experienced team members through sharing experience and knowledge;
• Demonstrate Business Development skills and identify additional sales opportunities.
Skills and attributes for success
Excellent analytical and critical thinking, project & team management skills would be great assets and help you to succeed. We value business-oriented mindset, motivation to continually develop personal & technical skills through training, experience and coaching.
To qualify for the role you must have:
• A Bachelor’s degree in an accounting, finance or business discipline, supported by 2 to 5 years of work experience as an auditor;
• Proven project management skills;
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills;
• Flexibility to constantly adapt and learn in a fast-paced environment;
• Excellent spoken and written Latvian and English.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• Russian language would be an advantage;
• Professional accountancy qualification or working towards gaining one (e.g. ACCA).
What we look for
We are looking for a team member with a strong team spirit balanced by a healthy sense of autonomy, ability to build strong relationships within other departments, teams across the organization and clients.
What we offer
Our Total Rewards package includes additional health insurance that covers various medical services, additional firm paid days off, paid days for your studies & development and other benefits. Plus, we offer:
• A collaborative and international environment where everyone works together to create a better working world;
• Faster than ever growth with support and coaching from some of the most experienced and engaging colleagues;
• Excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training to develop new skills and progress your career;
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.