The NORDIC INVESTMENT BANK (NIB) can offer you the chance to do banking that makes a difference. The projects that we finance serve to make the Nordic-Baltic region sustainable and competitive. Also, we are an International Financial Institution, which will give you the possibility to work with international experts at higher levels than elsewhere. The challenges you will face working at NIB are unique, providing you with valuable experiences on an international level. We are a close network of some 200 people located in the heart of Helsinki. The atmosphere is international, and our official internal language is English.
The Risk & Compliance Department at NIB is seeking a
Director, Head of Model Development and Economic Capital
The Head of the Model Development and Economic Capital leads a unit of currently 5 people responsible for portfolio-level risk management and monitoring, involving development and implementation of risk methodologies and models, internal computational systems, and reporting infrastructure. Main tasks of the team are development and maintenance of the Bank’s broad and nuanced economic-capital framework, support of loan-pricing activities and tools, computation of loan impairments, and stress testing. The position offers excellent insight into the Bank’s business activities as well as a unique opportunity to inform and support the quantitative aspects of financial risk management.
The unit is an important part of the Risk & Compliance Department in Helsinki and works closely with both the first line business functions as well the other units within the department. The Risk & Compliance Department is responsible for the management, control and reporting of all the Bank’s financial and non-financial risks as well as assessments of capital and liquidity adequacy.
- To take the lead in the organization for economic-capital (and related) methodologies, their implementation and computation as well as associated reporting;
- To lead and effectively manage a diverse team of highly skilled professionals;
- Promote risk awareness and understanding of risk methodologies and capital consumption
- To represent the Risk & Compliance Department to various stakeholders including other departments, senior management, and the Board of Directors.
Qualifications and Experience
- Preferably a Master’s degree in a technical discipline such as quantitative finance, mathematics, statistics, physics, or engineering;
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience of model development, systems, and risk-management with increasing levels of responsibility;
- Excellent leadership & teamworking skills with relevant managerial experience;
- Demonstrated practical experience with economic capital including an in-depth understanding of both credit-, market-, and operational-risk modelling concepts as well as familiarity with the international regulatory framework for banks;
- Knowledge and familiarity of IFRS 9 expected credit loss methodologies, loan-pricing concepts, stress-testing, and rating models;
- Practical computer programming experience and knowledge (background with Python is a strong advantage);
- Exposure to development, maintenance, and support of in-house production modelling systems;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Ability to think independently and a proactive working style;
- Excellent spoken and written communication including strong presentation skills; and
- A strong command of English is needed and working proficiency in one of the Nordic/Baltic languages is considered as an advantage.
We offer You
- A unique opportunity to work in a diversified team with risk and compliance experts
- Complex and demanding tasks with opportunity to develop both the breadth and depth of your professional and leadership skills;
- The potential to shape the Bank’s risk management and control practices;
- An international banking environment and competitive remuneration package;
- A novel perspective on the financial industry based on NIB’s position as an International Financial Institution owned by the Nordic and Baltic countries.
The position is located at the NIB headquarters in Helsinki, Finland. We warmly welcome expatriate employees and their families by supporting their relocation and integration to a lively Nordic capital with a modern atmosphere.
Additional information about the position can be obtained from Hilde Kjelsberg, First Vice-President, Chief Risk Officer, Head of Risk and Compliance +358 10 6180 280, Pascal Gauthier Senior Director, Head of Risk Management Office, +358 50 431 4617 or e-mail email@example.com. For general information about employment at NIB, please contact HR Business Partner Iina Leporanta-Varjus, +358 10 618 0408 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for the position and for more information about NIB, please visit www.nib.int (Jobs). The deadline for submitting your application is 25 May 2022. Applications will however be processed successively when received.
The vision of NIB is a prosperous and sustainable Nordic-Baltic region. Our employees are our strongest asset in realising this vision. Our core values are competence, commitment and cooperation.
In recruitment, NIB puts the main emphasis on personal and professional qualifications and experience. The Bank has zero tolerance for any type of discrimination, which includes discrimination on the basis of gender, age, sexual orientation, nationality, ethnic origin, family status, religion, health, political activities or any other comparable circumstance.
NIB is a professional expert organisation, and encourages employees to continuously develop their professional competencies while maintaining a sustainable work-life balance.
Tev varētu interesēt arī:
€ 5800 – 6500
Beigu termiņš: 12.07.2022
Beigu termiņš: 06.07.2022
Beigu termiņš: 20.07.2022