Rail Baltica is a once-in-a-lifetime infrastructure megaproject –if you’re looking for a meaningful work in an international setting, look no further. This is where you can make an impact to be proud of.
You will be part of integrating the Baltic States into the European rail network and building a new economic corridor to bring long-term benefits to the Baltic region and its people. You will work with a cross-border team of more than 200 of the brightest minds in the industry.
We are looking for a new enthusiastic colleague to join our growing team in the position of Procurement Specialist.
The Procurement Specialist, Latvia will be responsible for undertaking the Rail Baltica project procurement activities in accordance with project objectives for the joint venture and managing procurement exercises according to the annual procurement plan and any emerging project requirements within its own area of responsibility. In particular, participate in the procurement commissions, develop procurement documentation, provide advice and guidance regarding procurement law and regulations to the contract/project delivery team, as well as provide support with market research. Please note that the participation in procurement commissions requires obtaining a Latvian state official status.
What’s in it for You
- A job with purpose and impact
- Exceptional international project experience
- Innovation-driven work
- Professional and self-development
- Flexible work arrangement
- Benefits and Bonus programme
- Supportive network of professionals
- Salary from 1800 EUR (before taxes)
We will entrust You to
- Prepare tender documentation, including review of technical specifications within own area of responsibility
- Participate in the procurement commissions in the status of a commission member and/or procurement specialist
- Provide assistance with the review of possible contract supervision questions in ensuring that contract implementation is aligned with the Public procurement law
- Work in partnership with other departments to create accurate and timely updates, escalate issues, and to implement resolutions in relation with procurement exercises within own area of responsibility
- Work with national databases related to procurement procedures and the E-Tender system
To succeed, you should have
- 3+ years of experience in managing procurement exercises with a proven track record of success managing small-to-medium scale, preferably infrastructure and/or railway procurement exercises
- Must have experience with a proven record of accomplishment of procurement documentation development and participation in the procurement commissions
- Good knowledge of the Public Procurement Law of Republic of Latvia and EU procurement directives
- University or other higher education degree with specialization in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Law, Business Management, Finance or other relevant degree applicable to exacting procurement tasks
- Fluent in Business English and Latvian languages with good command of technical and legal English
Full time located in Riga, Latvia.
If you are willing to be a part of the challenging and unique project, and your experience and personality match the position’s requirements, please, send your CV and motivation letter in English with the subject “Procurement Specialist” to RB Rail AS recruitment partners SIA “Recruitment Latvia”: firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline date.
RB Rail AS as a controller and SIA Recruitment Latvia as its respective partner ensures that data processing within recruitment process (for recruitment and hiring related purposes) is carried out in accordance with regulations on the protection of personal data processing.
More information regarding candidates’ personal data processing is available here: https://www.railbaltica.org/about-rail-baltica/candidates-personal-data-privacy-note/