Are you a Data Scientist with experience in Deep Learning and Machine Learning? Join us to innovate in existing and new ambitious ML projects.
You will act as a practical expert within our expanding Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML) team. This is an excellent chance to feel the heartbeat of one of the largest and most data-driven online retailers on the US market, and make a direct impact on the company's success.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build pragmatic and statistically rigorous solutions for E-commerce customer-facing web and mobile applications by leveraging statistical and machine learning methodologies.
- Work cross-functionally to define problem statements, collect data, and build ML models.
- Build and maintain data-driven optimization models, experiments, forecasting algorithms, and machine learning models.
- Leverage tools like Python and its existing ecosystem of libraries and frameworks for deep learning, machine learning, and data processing to drive efficient business's problem solving.
- Contribute to existing projects covering different areas of expertise such as Recommender Systems, NLP, Time Series analysis, A/B testing, and others.
- Work in a team with other experts to efficiently deliver business value.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, recommendation systems, pattern recognition, data mining, A/B testing, anomaly detection, NLP, time series analysis.
- Experience developing production-level ML products.
- Data extraction, cleaning, analysis, and presentation of large datasets skills.
- Good knowledge of Python.
- Experience with scientific computing and analysis packages such as NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, Scikit-learn.
- Proficiency in statistical methods such as forecasting, time series, hypothesis testing, classification, clustering, or regression analysis.
- Data visualization skills with libraries such as Matplotlib, Plotly, or any other.
Knowledge of deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Keras, or Jax.
- Experience applying ML models in E-commerce business’s problem solving is a big plus.
- Experience with databases such as BigQuery, SQL Server, MySQL is a big plus.
- Advanced degree (Master's, PhD) in a quantitative field (e.g., Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or similar), with experience in machine learning related work or research is considered a plus.
- Strong written and verbal English language skills
- Agile culture, continuous improvement process
- Friendly and highly-qualified colleagues
- Challenging international projects
- Competitive salary, yearly reviewed
- Real possibilities of growth
- Direct employment by Latvian company with full social-security, paid vacations & sick leaves
- Flexible work schedule, option to combine work with studies
- Excellent working conditions
- Modern top-floor spacious office in Riga with large terrace
- Lounge zone in the office with ping-pong, gaming console and other entertainment
- Powerful hardware, best software/tools
- Company paid office parking, bicycle parking available
- Free snacks and variety of drinks in the office
- Monthly company events
- Large Summer & Winter parties
- Learning and innovations - internal demos & trainings, individual mentorship
- Ability to attend local & international conferences
- Free Office Library and ability to order books
- Premium Health insurance
- Company paid flu vaccination