We are looking for a Riga-based Digital Video Producer for Current Time TV https://www.currenttime.tv/ to be responsible for producing compelling and engaging multimedia content for the Baltic audience on online platforms.
The team you will be part of produces its own digital-first content as well as repackages materials of Current Time TV’s Baltic show for social media use.
You will be part of Current Time’s dedicated digital team for the Baltic region and produce content on mission-oriented and trending topics together with the team and through enterprise discovery. A commitment to RFE/RL’s mission, adherence to its editorial standards and best practices is a must.
You will be joining an innovative, mission-driven organization at a time of rapid change. This role is an opportunity to explore the role of RFE/RL’s journalism can play in society and experiment with diverse ways of engaging audiences and communities. You should be keenly interested in the best practices and latest developments in digital journalism. You are expected to pursue innovative forms of storytelling across platforms.
This position reports to the Senior Digital Editor of Current Time Baltics in Riga office.
- Produces high quality and share-worthy multimedia content for a wide array of digital platforms and TV
- Monitors disinformation activities across the major platforms (digital and traditional) in target region for potential story leads
- Uses journalistic acumen to find stories that are both likely to be shared and meet RFE/RL standards.
- Works with web-ready news and feature content mixing traditional story-forms with digital and social-centric reporting.
- Keeps the team updated throughout the day on disinformation-related stories worth exploring.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, or related field or the equivalent in experience is preferred.
4+ years of experience in digital journalism in news organization
Extensive experience in producing multimedia projects for digital platforms
- Strong news judgment
- Proficiency in multimedia storytelling for digital platforms
- Team-based work ethics
- Understanding of digital success metrics
- Ability to multitask and prioritize with little supervision under tight deadlines.
- Adapts to and works effectively within a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups. Flexibility entails understanding and appreciating different and opposing perspectives on an issue, adapting one’s approach as the requirements of a situation change, and changing or easily accepting changes in one’ s own organization or job requirements.
- Ability to work various shifts, as assigned and on short notice.
- Expected to work weekends and work from home, when required.
- Russian (fluent), mandatory
- Proficiency in language/s of the Baltic region, mandatory
- English language (proficient), mandatory
Tev varētu interesēt arī:
€ 1800 – 2300
Beigu termiņš: 12.10.2022
€ 1800 – 2600
Beigu termiņš: 05.10.2022
€ 2000 – 4000
Beigu termiņš: 05.10.2022