- Work closely with data scientists, infrastructure engineers, product owners and other stakeholders to deliver a personalized search experience
- Implement data pipelines for stream and batch processing that feed our search indexes and build our machine learning models
- Design and implement query rewriting functions and ranking algorithms that improve the quality of our search results
- Enable a measurable search performance by implementing A/B testing and by tracking of key metrics
- Implement measures to improve reliability and performance of the search infrastructure
- Contribute to our overall mission by sharing your expert knowledge regarding search, architecture, and ML Ops
- Working in an agile, international environment
- B.Sc., M.Sc. or Ph.D. in computer science or a related field
- 4+ years of experience working as a Software Engineer or in a similar role
- Hands-on experience with Elasticsearch, Lucene or Solr
- Solid skills in programming with Python or Java/Scala
- Ability to write efficient, well-tested code with a keen eye on scalability and maintainability
- Experience with at least one cloud, GCP is a plus
- Experience developing scalable data pipelines with Spark, Beam or related technologies
- Interest or experience in Infrastructure-as-Code, Kubernetes and in Machine Learning
- You enjoy working in an agile team, like to get involved, think "out of the box" and are keen to tackle new topics
- Good English skills complete your profile
- Monthly gross salary from 4000 to 5600 EUR, depending on your level of expertise.
- Hybrid way of working with cozy office space in the center of Riga, when needed, and home office set up compensation and flexible working hours opportunities, based on your own preferences.
- Family-oriented company values and healthy attitude towards work and life balance - granting additional 4 vacation days, birthday leave, "Happy Land" space in the office for children, etc.
- Individual development and learning plan, including yearly budget for external training
- Necessary essentials – health insurance with dental services and sports coverage.
- Possibility to work in mutual trust and positive team environment, to be creative and improve working flows by self-initiatives
- Friendly, multicultural and cooperation orientated colleagues
Global IT specialist Arvato Systems supports major companies through digital transformation. More than 3,100 employees in over 25 locations epitomize in-depth technology expertise, industry knowledge and focus on customer requirements.
As a part of the Bertelsmann Group-owned Arvato network, we have the unique capability to work across the entire value chain.
Today, Arvato Systems Latvia has around 100 employees working in a multicultural environment and will constantly grow in upcoming years due to many interesting projects and development areas.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Received application information is treated as highly confidential and will only be used for recruitment process of this position. Data submitted will be secured and processed only for the purpose of recruitment and shall be deleted after its conclusion.