Join our team as a Senior Macro Modeller!
Yes, you can! That's our attitude towards our work, ambitious, ideas and relationships. We, at Luminor, believe that anyone has the potential to achieve big things and we encourage everyone to achieve them – professionally and personally.
Whoever you are, and whatever your role is, with Luminor you will get a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to literally build a local banking champion. We are looking for a Senior Macro Modeller to be the key person engaged in Luminor’s regular update of macroeconomic scenarios, with a particular focus on stress scenarios and analyses for Baltic countries.
Luminor is offering employment for people displaced by the invasion of Ukraine. We are a dynamic, Pan-Baltic bank with a diverse team and have a number of great professional opportunities available both in business and support functions.
What You Will Do:
- Develop and implement methodology for macroeconomic modelling, including forecasting models and long-term impact assessment models (e.g., for climate risk)
- Align the macroeconomic scenario development process within Luminor
- Ensure regularly updated macroeconomic scenarios for Baltic countries
- Perform ad hoc macroeconomic analyses on different risk realizations
- Represent Luminor’s view in relevant internal committees and regulatory activities
What We Expect:
- Master’s degree or higher in Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Economics or other similar fields within quantitative background
- Expertise in econometric modelling and input-output models
- Excellent English language skills (written and verbal)
- Strong understanding of and ability to explain macroeconomic processes and financial cycles to stakeholders
- Experience in statistical software such as R, MatLab or similar
- Full proficiency working with MS Office tools
- Experience in Python and its libraries, such as Pandas and NumPy, is considered as strong asset
What We Offer:
- Flexibility. Flexible working hours, remote work and possibility to work from anywhere in EU, Iceland, Switzerland and UK (in total 90 days per year)
- International teams. Teams that go outside Pan-Baltic boarders where people value challenging work together with good humour and having fun
- More vacation. Additional week of vacation available to all employees who have been in the company for 1 year or more
- Volunteer time off. We care about giving back to society, therefore, you will get additional days off for volunteering purposes
- Health benefits. A competitive benefits package in addition to your salary that includes health insurance in Lithuania and Latvia, and Wellness package in Estonia. As well as, Health days in case of your absence due to sickness
- Wellbeing. Access to tools and resources that help to feel good and be productive at work and in life
- Flexible benefits. Extra vacation of 2 days, upgrade on health insurance/wellness package, Employer's contributions to employee's 3rd pillar pension straight after first year of working
- Professional growth. Internal and external training programs, workshops, conferences, online training etc.
- Gross salary. Starting from 2500 EUR/month, which is to be determined depending on your level of experience and competencies
Application deadline is 22nd of August