Agricultural commodity trader
The customer of I-Work is a manufacturing company that produces sustainable and organic food ingredients and food products, which has recently been acquired, bringing international know-how and best practices to the company. Significant investments are being made in hardware and software. Among the positions that need to be covered the company is searching for a
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Develop a sustainable agricultural supply chain in accordance with corporate and regulatory standards;
- Develop and implement trading plans and strategies;
- Support legume buying activities through building relationships and market analysis and market information;
- Analyse, identify and match areas or periods of surplus production with areas or periods of demand;
- Ensure contract execution is completed accurately and in a nature that reduces exposure to logistic risks;
- Sustain and develop business relationships with potential customers;
- Ensures timely and accurate recording of all transactions.
- Three to five years of experience in purchasing or wholesale trade with agricultural materials (experience with legumes is considered an advantage);
- Experience working with international agricultural commodity trader;
- Preferable experience in working with subsidized projects;
- Knowledge of safety requirements and legal standards;
- Working knowledge of international commodity trade;
- Experience in managing people;
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, Project Management and Analytics software.
The company offers:
- Work in a stable, fast-growing company with opportunities for professional growth;
- Salary starting from 2500 EUR gross per month, depending on experience plus bonus from trading results;
- Social guarantees, health, and accident insurance;
- Technical support required for the work;
- Workplace in Riga or Aloja, depending on where you live.