About the team :
WSS QA team is mostly based in Riga, with a few colleagues at other international locations. Teams are split into different parts and categories of the Strategic Sourcing application. While QA is a department of its own, the QA Engineers are fully integrated into the multifunctional development teams. You will be working very closely with another Functional QA Engineer on the team, as well as cooperate and coordinate initiatives with QAs from other teams, as well as with SDETs (automation).
All the team members and managers in WSS are engineers, which means they are proficient in their area of expertise, have critical thinking and analytics skills and an ability to innovate.
We also don’t forget to have fun through different events and initiatives!
About the role :
What is Strategic Sourcing (WSS)?
Let’s consider a meatball sandwich as an example. It’s made of bread, meatballs, some cheese and a sauce. If you would make it at home, you would just go to the store and buy ingredients. But how would you buy those if you are a big corporation making sandwiches? You would not be able to find enough of those ingredients in your local store. You would also need to abide by regulations and standards to prove the origins of the ingredients all the way back to a ranch or a farm.
To do this you will use the procurement branch of your company and source these ingredients.
Workday Strategic Sourcing is a leading provider of cloud-based strategic sourcing solutions that help organisations source faster and achieve better business outcomes. WSS transforms archaic sourcing processes with clean, intuitive software that helps buyers and suppliers do business more effectively and with fewer headaches.
As a Software QA Engineer within Strategic Sourcing you will debug software products through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for company products.
What you'll be doing
• Develop, modify, and execute software test plans.
• Analyse and write test cases.
• Maintain documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software.
• Analyse test results to ensure existing functionality and recommend corrective action.
• Work closely with development engineers in the resolution of problems.
• Give insights in the preparation of technical appraisals of programming languages, systems, and computation software.
• Ensure quality computer integration into the overall functions of scientific computation, data acquisition, and processing.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in Quality Assurance within an Agile environment
• Demonstrated experience in testing theory, testing techniques and test writing
• Hands on experience using Test Management Tools (preferably integrated with Jira)
• Experience using Jira
• Experience using Postman (or similar tool) for API testing and browser dev tools
• Basic knowledge of Software Development Life-Cycle
• Knowledge of Gherkin syntax for creating tests
• Knowledge of how to access, read and search different logs (error logs, server logs, event logs) for the relevant excerpts within the available tooling (e.g. Sentry, Kibana or *X shell command line)
• Ability to create basic QA Metrics, Statistics and Dashboards from Jira
• Awareness of performance testing concepts and the related basic tooling
• Be comfortable working independently and with geographically dispersed remote teams
Benefits and what we offer:
• Private Medical Insurance for employees and their dependents
• Wellbeing Subsidy
• Life Assurance
• Employee Restricted Stock Units granted when you join Workday. These vest over a 4 year period
• Employee Stock Purchase Options
• 23 Days annual vacation
• Flexibility for remote working
• Monthly Gross Salary 3,100 - 3,500 EUR
Value Inclusion, Belonging, and Equity (VIBE™) is foundational to how we live our values and purpose of inspiring a brighter work day for all, allowing us to bring our best selves to work, no matter where we work.