About the team:
Workday Strategic Sourcing DevOps team is multiregional, and located in US, Canada, Czech Republic and Latvia.
All the team members and managers in WSS are engineers, which means they are proficient in their area of expertise, have critical thinking and analytics skills and an ability to innovate.
We also don’t forget to have fun through different events and initiatives!
About the role:
At Workday, DevOps will work with developers, QA, CS and product to assist in the issues that are related to the infrastructure of the Strategic Sourcing which is supported through Amazon Web Services. The AWS services that we use daily include but are not limited to Elastic Beanstalk, Cloudfront, RDS, VPC, subnets, routing, nacl, security groups, ECS, EKS, API Gateway, and Lambda. Strategic Sourcing is running on Kubernetes Candidates will be working with Kubernetes and Helm Charts. We use Terraform as our code for infrastructure. DevOps takes part in management, security, and reliability of all the WSS environments and sites.
What you'll be doing
• Work closely with development, product, QA and assist them to ensure that our infrastructure is functional and efficient related to all of our internal teams, as well as our external customers
• Working on big picture, forward-looking processes and additions for our infrastructure with a long-term view
• Work on improving and monitoring security in all of our development & production environments
• Work to improve our CI/CD using GitLab
• Experience implementing and maintaining infrastructure for web applications hosted on AWS
• Docker experience and familiarity with container orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes, AWS ECS services
• Familiarity and experience with one or multiple scripting languages such as Ruby, Bash, Python and a strong desire to learn and work in new languages
• Experience with Helm Charts
• Experience with Terraform
• Experience building, optimizing and automating CI/CD workflows and skills in server administration, server hardening, and general debugging
• Experience in working with GitOps
• Familiarity with industry standard compliance certifications like ISO 27001, SSAE 16, NIST 800
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Previous experience in a DevOps reliability role
• Experience being in an on-call rotation
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• BS/MS in computer science or related technical fields
Benefits and what we offer:
• Private Medical Insurance for employees and their dependents
• Wellbeing Subsidy
• Life Assurance
• Employee Restricted Stock Units granted when you join Workday. These vest over a 4 year period
• Employee Stock Purchase Options
• 23 Days annual vacation
• Flexibility for remote working
• Monthly Gross Salary EUR €6,500 - €7,000
Value Inclusion, Belonging, and Equity (VIBE™) is foundational to how we live our values and purpose of inspiring a brighter work day for all, allowing us to bring our best selves to work, no matter where we work.