Your work will be challenging and stimulating with missions widely spread across companies and industries. If you want diverse and independent work that requires dedication and initiative this is the right position for you. As a trusted Senior Consultant in Strategy and Transactions, you will advise our clients into success.
As a Senior Consultant in Strategy & Transaction department, you will participate in the financial and commercial due diligence engagements in connection with some of the largest and most exciting M&A deals in the Baltics and beyond, work on the development and review of the business strategy for clients, business and asset valuation projects as well as participate in M&A Lead Advisory, valuation and modeling engagements. You will help clients evaluate structure and execute their most important deals.
Your key responsibilities:
• Be the key person responsible for the preparation of reports and detailed financial and commercial analysis;
• Prepare advanced analytics to provide insights into data that supports the decision-making of our clients on their key financial, economic, and operational issues;
• Think critically, identify issues and propose strategies related to the advice being provided;
• Take ownership of the delivery of projects within each team.
To qualify for the role you must have:
• University degree in Finance / Economics or related area;
• Ability to conduct a detailed analysis of products markets competitors and customers to identify risks and opportunities;
• Good understanding of financial and managerial accounting;
• Excellent analytical, project management, communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills + be an active and visible person at the transactions, valuations, and business modeling markets, to engage in meaningful discussions with current and potential clients;
• Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills in Latvian and English;
• Strong Excel knowledge and good report-writing skills.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• At least 2 years of experience in supporting clients in transaction-related processes in various financial matters, experience in valuation and business modeling would be considered as an advantage;
• Relevant professional qualifications (e.g. CFA, ACCA) would be considered as an advantage;
• Knowledge of other European or Russian languages would be an advantage.
What we look for
A team player with a high level of ownership, responsibility and with motivation to continually develop personal & technical skills through training, experience, and coaching.
What we offer
Our Total Rewards package includes additional health insurance that covers various medical services, additional firm-paid days off, paid days for your studies & development, and other benefits. Plus, we offer:
• A collaborative and international environment where everyone works together to create a better working world;
• Faster than ever growth with support and coaching from some of the most experienced and engaging colleagues;
• The opportunity to get an EY Tech MBA degree for free, as well as expand your knowledge in internal training programs;
• Good opportunities for a long-term career in the EY company in Latvia and in EY offices worldwide;
• Flexible work organization and the possibility to work in a hybrid model (from home and from our office in the city center);
• Health insurance from the 1st working day.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.