MGI Tech Co., Ltd. (MGI), a member of global genomics leader BGI Group, is committed to building core tools and technology to lead life science through intelligent innovation. Based on its proprietary technology, MGI focuses on R&D, production and sales of sequencing instruments, reagents, and related products to support life science research, agriculture, precision medicine and healthcare. MGI is a leading producer of clinical high-throughput gene sequencers, and its multi-omics platforms include genetic sequencing, mass spectrometry, medical imaging and laboratory automation.
Founded in 2016, MGI has more than 1000 employees, nearly half of whom are R&D personnel. MGI operates in 39 countries and regions and has established multiple research and production bases around the world. Providing real-time, comprehensive, life-long solutions, its vision is to enable effective and affordable healthcare solutions for all.
As a Distributor coordinator, candidates will be expected to work with a select group of distributors to help the partners develop and deliver activities that enable partners to acquire new customers retain and grow existing customers. This includes developing onboarding and training programs for partners, establishing and monitoring performance metrics and tools, assisting in quarterly business reviews, managing partner events, collaborating with marketing regarding promotional activities and tools. In addition, the candidates will act as the primary marketing contact for these strategic partners, including regular participation in team calls, in-person meetings and planning sessions. The candidates should have a strong knowledge of NGS solutions, Life Sciences, Biotech, or Diagnostics, ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences, should be detail-oriented and organized, capable of handling multiple projects at once, and comfortable dealing with changing priorities, previous commercial experience is expected.
• Management of the Distributor Portal, update distributors with the product, marketing information, availability, competitive activity, sales positioning, and best practices;
• Develop and maintain new product distribution marketing plans and introduction dates for the partners;
• Develop and implement regional marketing initiatives related to distributors’ activities, including marketing campaigns, conferences, webinars and lead generation activities;
• Maintain Distributors’ marketing calendar, which includes events, promotions, tradeshows, and conferences;
• Develop and execute promotional campaigns, merchandising, and training for the distributor channel;
• Manage distributor promotion metrics;
• Attend distributor business reviews, and other activities to support growth. Coordinate distributor monthly calls and trainings;
• Oversee distributors' online websites and coordinate with PM to ensure they are updated and contain accurate content;
• Managing the selected distributors' key accounts quarterly sales fulfilments, marketing and FAS support and coordination;
• Execute internal standardized processes around current and new partnerships
• Work closely with the Marketing, Legal, Sales, Service and Support functions to leverage and develop long-standing relationships with partners;
• Routinely work with the region on product strategy execution;
• Research new tools and techniques for increasing MGI awareness and growing mindshare and product placement within the distributor channel.
• Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences or biology required, advanced degree preferred;
• Minimum of 3 years experience in commercial marketing, including business development and lead generation activities; familiar with digital marketing, experience in commercial product launch, product lifecycle management, ability to conduct product portfolio analysis, investigate new product opportunities;
• Experience in the NGS market is required;
• Proven project management skills required, along with the ability to directly or indirectly influence or lead teams and prioritize heavy workload to meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment;
• Ability to travel 20-30% of the time, travel may take place on weekends and outside of normal business hours;
• Require high levels of self-motivation and energy;
• Experience in working with distributors, contract management and analytics reporting;
• Demonstrable ability to manage multiple complex individual and team assignments autonomously and execute them on time;
• Excellent written and oral communications & presentation skills; working language is English;
• Additional languages and candidates' locations in South or Eastern Europe are beneficial.