We believe that local businesses are essential to any growing society. SaltPay was founded in 2019 to create affordable, fast and secure payments and software solutions to help small and medium-sized businesses manage and grow their operations better. Taken for granted by banks and traditional service providers, small businesses have especially struggled to get access to the financial services and software they need. We exist to improve their lives and to help them grow by building products that serve their needs, or integrating with the best solutions we find in the marketplace.
We're outcome-driven entrepreneurs who emphasise energy over experience. Our number one priority is to deliver solutions that will allow our local businesses to thrive. Connecting and collaborating with a diverse group of talented teammates in an inclusive environment helps us achieve different results. We learn from each other every day, doing whatever is necessary to deliver the best outcomes for our customers. SaltPay is home to over 2,000 employees in 15 offices across 20 countries, and our footprint keeps on growing. We are fully dedicated to serving more than 100,000 merchants across our network.
To be a Salter
These are some of the core principles of our culture:
• You like to work towards honest, inspiring, and challenging objectives;
• You want to create a tangible impact on the business;
• You have a competitive mindset and work to achieve the best possible outcomes;
• Kindness, humility, self-awareness, and candour are all part of your DNA;
• You are not afraid of taking risks, and you feel empowered by extreme ownership;
• You prioritise the team's success rather than your own;
• You're always striving to become a better version of yourself;
• Problems are learning opportunities;
• You're a dreamer, a thinker, and a doer - all in one;
You will work with a diverse team to help shape the future of our engineering department. You will be part of the whole feature development lifecycle, with direct access to a wealth of customer feedback.
Your team will use technologies such as Go, Elixir, Java, TypeScript, React, Docker and AWS to write maintainable, performant and quality code. We focus on continuous deployment and iterative delivery, to ensure that our code runs reliably on the SaltPay infrastructure, allowing you to focus on delivering value to merchants in a fluid manner.
We are looking for someone who is eager to learn and improve every day by taking ownership of their role and responsibilities. We are looking for individuals with a strategic and analytical mindset and a vision for the future. You will have an understanding of acquiring processes such as clearing/settling and how payments work in general.
Above all, we require someone who harbours the ambition to grow with the company. You will be exposed to the entirety of our business, and it is up to you to carve your path. The entrepreneurial spirit lies in the heart of our culture – we are seeking self-starters to take ownership of problems they observe and tackle them creatively.
On a regular day as a Product Owner at SaltPay, you will:
- Take the lead of Product development team as the Product Owner
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to analyze the needs and define product vision, roadmap and growth opportunities
- Develop appropriately detailed specifications for the product features so they are clearly understood by the development teams
- Plan and prioritize product feature backlog and development for the product
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
- Work closely with Product Management to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI
- Lead the planning product release plans and set the expectation for delivery of new functionalities
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Draft key objectives and results, strategies and apply the data for the product to make business decisions
- Act as an ambassador for the product internally and externally and as the primary contact for queries related to the product
- Work closely with senior management in order to create a product that fits the company portfolio
- Research and analyze market, the users, and the roadmap for the product
- Increase an understanding of Agile/Scrum best practices, Lean Startup, new technologies opportunities and other new trends
- Prior working experience as a Product Owner
- BA in Computer Science, Engineering or similar relevant field
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative thinker with a vision
- Fluency in English
- We trust you, so we offer flexible working hours, as long it suits both you and your team;
- Private Health Insurance;
- 20 days of Annual leave (+ Public Holidays);
- Frequent team events & activities in the office and outside;
- Possibility to travel to different offices around Europe;
- You’ll get a competitive salary and you will join the Universal SaltPay Stock Option Plan (USSOP) from your first day. The USSOP gives all employees the chance to be actual company owners;
- Office snacks on Fridays;
- O’Reilly technical library access;
- Friendly, comfortable and informal office environment.
SaltPay is a place for people who can challenge the status quo. People who believe they can make a difference in the world by participating in a business model designed to create a more balanced and fair market. More than experience, we believe in potential and that a human's learning ability is limitless. As long as you have the right mindset, can live by our values and that you genuinely want to learn and develop your skills and knowledge, then we have the career challenge you've been looking for right here. We pledge to put our people first, and above everything else, to create a challenging opportunity that will foster personal growth.
We're citizens of the world - SaltPay is an open and safe space for everyone, regardless of their story.
Please note that all supporting documents such as CV's must be in English.